Thursday 2 June 2011

My Singapore Trip 2011


Just before landing to Singapore Changi
Changi
May 27, 2011. Friday. I arrived at Changi Airport at 15.25. There was a huge number of arriving passengers. So, I expected a long queue at the immigration. It took me atleast an hour to pass thru the immigration. As a Philippine Passport holder I was then given atleast 30 days to stay in the city country. Then went to the baggage claim, where I easily found my unique baggage with "I love Philippines" tag.
Royal Club Lounge
At 16.30 I finally arrived at Royal Plaza Hotel on Scotts. Very nice hotel with gym, sauna and pool. In contrary to the reviews I read on TripAdvisor, the room was decently spacious, with a privelege to use the Royal Club Lounge. (In other hotel it is called executive lounge). I chose not to rest, I just have to tire myself, use my remaining energy so I could easily fall asleep at night and eventually adjust my body rhythm.
Royal Plaza on Scotts Singapore
We decided to have a walk from our hotel in Scotts Road down the the shopping street called Orchard Road. We reached a Y road by YMCA, then we headed towards the bay. We were just at our toes continuously walking, not knowing where we were headed.





Boat Quay
Fullerton
Orchard Road
Then we saw a bridge, with a line of restaurants that caters seafoods. We saw a lot of huge crabs. We decided to dine in one of the restaurants. That strip is called Boat Quay. There were lots of westerners in their nice shirts having a drink and talking ernestly with their colleagues. Most likely they just came from their busy work.
 
Crab eating at Boat Quay
China Town
Luge at Sentosa
After dinner, we walked by Fullerton Hotel, and checked the famous Merlion of Singapore, the scenery was awesome. It was a very lovely evening. I noticed alot of Kabayans (Filipino comrade) taking pictures here and there. I was thinking if they could recognize me as one of them. I needed to refresh by having a Starbucks frapuccino, so I bought one from the store right under the bridge. What a cozy evening! Then we took a taxi back to our hotel. It cost 6.66 singapore dollars. I hope that does  not have any bad meaning.May 28, 2011. Saturday. MRT stop at Little India. We checked if I could see a cheap DVD player that can play all DVD's. I have DVD's from my brother Ferdie in USA. Unluckily it doesn't play in europe. We saw one but we were thinking we might still see some nice things in Chinatown, as that was our next stop. We went to Chinatown, I bought chinese dresses for my nephew and nieces.

May 29, 2011. Sunday. Since we were not able to find any DVD in Chinatown yesterday. We went back to  Little India to buy the DVD player. To be sure, I brought my SEVENTH HEAVEN DVD from USA to test if it would really work. Mr. Indian took the DVD player and walllaaaaahhh it played. Sometimes the best solutions are not so expensive. We took the MRT, from Farret Stn to Boat Quay as we planned to have our lunch there. I chose to have a nice huge crab for lunch. We then decided to have a boat ride along singapore river for 15singapore dollars per person (30minutes).
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore


May 30, 2011. Monday. We took the MRT, stopped at Harbourfront station, and took the Cable lift to Sentosa Island.  Luge ride and skyride at sentosa, walked on the beach and had nice  drink by the beach. Went to Universal Studios Singapore. The place was just packed with people. I can't even breathe.


Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel
May 31, 2011. Tuesday. Marina Bay Sands Singapore overlooking. Experienced the Raffles Hotel Singapore Sling. Had lunch at Rennthai by Clarke Quay. Went to Chinatown for shopping.


Hard Rock Cafe Singapore
June 1, 2011. Wednesday. Shopping in the morning. Hard Rock Cafe Singapore at 21.30.


June 2, 2011. Thursday. Shopping till 12.30. Then went back to the hotel freshen up and checked out at 14.00. Have to kill 4 hours so we stayed at the Royal Club Lounge where I composed this blog. Enjoying the endless serving of coffee, fruitjuices and sandwiches. KL838 SIN-AMS at 2200. Alot of time huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment