Tuesday 3 May 2011

Mother Duck

I live next to a small canal in Eindhoven. I can see clearly everyday the infinite flow of slow water from south to north. Why? Because southern Holland is higher than the north. Amsterdam is below see level. But that's not where my story will revolve.
In the canal, I saw a mother duck with 5 ducklings. I was so amused to see that mother duck was building a nest, painstakingly collecting  pieces of broken treebranches and straws and put it together to build a small abode.
After building the nest, those 5 ducklings immediately went inside it and find their comfortable place. I was quite curious on what will happen next. I thought mother duck would also go inside the nest and rest after that hardwork. But no.
She swam and swam and swam until she found small piece of food and gave everything to the ducklings, nothing remains with her.
I think, the most important thing for her is to feed her young-ones.
I just realized that being a mother is natural to the animal kingdom. Be it ducks, dogs, cats, penguins, whatever. If these animals can take care of their offsprings, giving them 100% unselfish love and care, then why some of human beings can not.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the world who devoted themselves to raise not only their children but the whole family.
Mothers are inspiration to all, they deserve appreciation, respect and 100% love.

No comments:

Post a Comment